Bangalore is an excellent place to buy, particularly for the patterned and crepe silk sarees of Mysore. One of the local landmarks that aptly captures the culture and business of India’s Silicon Valley is the Chickpet Market in Bangalore. The name comes from the words chick, which means little, and Pete, which means city. It is well known for its distinctive saris, which the royal family of Mysore was able to get over 250 years ago.
Chickpet Market, which is close to the city center, is best described as a labyrinth of shops. This market offers everything you need under one roof, including stores, unique lighting, jewelry, antiques, and silk sarees. Find out more about Chickpet Market by reading on.
What Is A Chickpet?
Chickpet is the neighboring city of Bengaluru which is located in Karnataka. Located in Bangalore South Lok Sabha seat, the location is close to the Electric Market neighborhood.
It was originally employed in the 17th century. Shahaji Raje Bhosale and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj raised the child in Bengaluru, according to accounts. In the present-day Chickpet, he erected his stronghold. Chennai’s Sowcarpet is currently home to the biggest Marwadi population in South India.
How To Reach The Chickpet Market?
Chickpet Market is best explored on foot. If you drive up, you’ll have trouble finding parking. A two-wheeler might be difficult to park as well. You may go directly to Chickpet Circle in an auto rickshaw.
The market is about two minutes away from the nearest chickpet metro station.
Krishnarajendra Market, K.R. Market, and Tippu Sultan Palace are the bus stops nearest to Chickpet Market. It may take eight minutes or so to go to the market.
Things To Do In Chickpet Market
- Have biryani at chickpet donne biryani
If you wish to indulge in a feast, visit chickpet donne biryani – Gundu Pulao in Rajarajeshwari Nagar. Every foodie’s heart has been won over by them when they initially opened. The tasty quick food they provide is something you won’t want to miss. The location’s overall appeal is enhanced by its reasonable prices, which won’t break the bank.
- Snack at B.B Bakery
It serves other high-carb treats like crispy rusk, crumbly spicy nippattu (fried gram flour), sticky sweet honey cake dripping with jam, and tea buns filled with potato curry (aloo palya), in addition to buns and the always-famous bisi breadu (hot, freshly cooked bread). Of course, there’s also the well-known dilpasand, a puff filled with tutti frutti and sweetened coconut.
- Try the food at Lakshmi Nataraja Refreshments
Since its establishment in 2008, Lakshmi Nataraja, which has its headquarters in Nagarathpet, has been a major force in chickpet bangalore fast food market. This well-known business offers visitors and locals from all across chickpet bangalore one-stop shopping. This business has made a solid name for itself in the sector by working hard and persevering. The firm has a sizable clientele that is only expected to increase because of its strong belief that customer happiness is just as vital as its goods and services.
What To Buy In Chickpet Market Bangalore?
- Sarees: The core Chickpet neighborhood consists of old-fashioned saree-specialist stores and boxed-in complexes. The mainstay is Sudarshan Silk chickpet; throughout the year, one may observe brides and their families coming and going from these establishments. In posh shops like Kuberan, you may peruse piles of Kanjivarams and other Sudarshan Silks chickpet.
- Invitation cards: There are rows of shops selling various types of invites in Sultanpet, a neighborhood that is close to Chickpet. Sultanpet has everything you could possibly want, including sophisticated wedding invites and party invitations with a Chota Bheem theme.
- Books: Head to Avenue Road in the market to witness a street full of merchants selling books at reduced rates on the pavements, as well as a long row of booksellers. Avenue Road is the ideal location for anybody who loves to read, regardless of whether they hunt for textbooks at the last minute.
- Accessory: Vendors stand in front of massive displays of earrings throughout Chickpet’s crowded streets. You may peruse shops on OK Road that sell chic jewelry, bindis, scrunchies, and cute clips.
- Clocks and watches: In front of the legendary Khaleel Building is a lane named “Bathing Ghat Lane,” whose watchmakers not only imported the best timepieces from around the world but also built the region’s renowned clock tower.
- Lighting: You may purchase reasonably priced chandeliers and lights on BVK Iyengar Road to spruce up your house. There are several options for wall lighting, including geometric metal lamps, colorful cascading chandeliers, and even simple fairy lights, for your bedside table. Stores like PK Lamps & Shades, Dilpasand Lights, Madhav Sign, and SJ Lighting House may be found by exploring alleyways like AM Lane, HT Cross, and hospital road.
- Appliances for the home: Chickpet surely has the silverware, sewing machines, appliances, rugs, and pillowcases you need. By exploring the region, you may find anything you need for your home, from high-end stores filled with pricey chinaware to roadside vendors selling housewares at discounted prices.
Chickpet Market: Restaurants
Stop by these incredible eateries to grab a bite while chickpet shopping.
- Special chicken and mutton biryani in SGS non-vegetarian hotel
- Khali and masala dosa at the Chikkanna Tiffin Room
- Mutton Pulao at the New Govind Rao Military Hotel
- Named for its fluffy idlis, Avenue Road Food Carts
Chickpet Market stands as the vibrant heart of Bengaluru’s commerce, showcasing the rich history of Bangalore through its labyrinthine shops and diverse offerings. From traditional sarees to unique invitations, books, accessories, and home appliances, Chickpet caters to every need. The market’s culinary delights and its close proximity to historical sites make it a must-visit destination, providing a glimpse into the cultural tapestry of India’s Silicon Valley.
Chickpet Market FAQs
1) What distinguishes the chickpet market bangalore?
Answer: One of Bangalore’s oldest neighborhoods, it’s widely renowned for its clothes shops, both retail and wholesale.
2) How far is it from Chickpet to the airport?
Answer: Chickpet is 31.8 kilometers from Bangalore Airport.
3) Which day is the chickpet market bangalore closed?
Answer: On Sundays, the ChickpetMarket is closed.